Sunday, July 10, 2011

Drops of Pleasure

I absolutely love rains..
The very sound of drops from heaven quenching the thirst of mankind gets on my pulse..
The petrichor leaves me with a feeling of pious well being..
A few days back I had updated a status in FB, saying that rain has got to be the oldest form of entertainment and the most trusted source of pleasure and now that line comes back to me..
How true is that!!.. 
And though  the Sunday wasted (read the previous post about plans), but thats alright.. The very sight from my caged balcony of the drenched Anand Vihar gives me a high.. I can continue to watch the same sight for hours and hours and that would mean a holiday well spent..

I remember during my school days, my mum used to put an umbrella in my bag during the rainy season.. The umbrella which was never taken out.. Gaurav and I used to flunk our parents protection plans and flout our heroic gestures by getting wet in our hip Ahlcon uniforms with our colored badges shining, and walking with our heads held high on the road from the petrol pump to Kaushambi when others used to wait under the sheds for the rain to get over..
That feeling... those innocent smiles and stupidity,..  i miss them sometimes..
Happy Rains !!..

PS: Gaurav, gotta tag you dude.. badi yaad aayi achanakk..
Take Care people...

4 comments:

AneX said...

saala..senti kar dia..Rain being the oldest form of entertainment waala line mast hai..dunno how I missed it.. Rain brings out so many emotions... Its just unbelievable..

Gangeyyo said...

seriously.. its one of the few things which comes in the liking of soo many people together.. everybody loves rain.. I have not yet seen a single person saying that he doesn't..

Shikhar said...

Ohkk...so this is what u both did..when we dropped you out from the bus...bt isn't Charu missing here???

Radhika Gupta said...

Happy rains to you too!! you might like reading this.. :)
http://lifesaboutexperiences.blogspot.com/2010/07/expressions-of-rain.html