Friday, June 19, 2009

The Kite Runner


“For you, a thousand times over!!..”

recipe of certain expressions does certainly craft enchantment.. They glue to your sanity like they belong there.. You get instilled by the thoughts, the author wants you to.. Paralyzed by the over-flowing feelings.

Written by Khaled Hosseini, rather woven by him, this book encircles around a boy- Amir.. His growing up and the swaying proceedings around him that finally translates him into a man.

Afghanistan, as never imagined.. Love, odium, clashes, battles.. the rambling yarn has it all to court the readers, yet they seem so natural, so genuine.. Connected events of Amir’s life and his attainment of the goal, leave the reader attached to him in some way or the other.

How often we face a situation that leaves us thinking are we good enough??. We know we are noble and we are not-wrong, but the circumstances test us and we fail.. We don’t come up with the right itinerary of actions that should have been taken at that instant. It challenges our moral and derides our ethics. That changes us.

As the story unfolds, we get simple yet powerful lines like..

“There’s a way to be good again.”,

ending with an open note..

I ran. A grown man running with a swarm of screaming children. But I didn’t care. I ran with the wind blowing in my face, and a smile as wide as the Valley of Panjsher on my lips.

I ran.”

Of all the books I’ve read till now, If I can label any book as a “must read”, then it will be The Kite Runner. Read it to know why!!..

7 comments:

Anurupa Ganguli said...

Well...as a review this is really good...this is something which we are taught...to write about a book without revealing the plot...So I think I have got to learn a lot of things to learn from you..:)

As for the book..I have heard so much about this book that I had decided to read it..but after reading your review...I am even more eager to buy this book....

Frankly..I am a bit jealous too...of you...you sing, play guitar,write superbly and reading good books...How can you do so many good things together???..

anyway..I must say...your blog is a must read...:)

S... said...

i like those "fishes" in your blog...
:)

S... said...

will try to get it and read it SOON...want to read some good novel..(is it some serious kinda of buk???)....and if it doesn'n turn out to b a nice one na.......den GANG, b ready fr d BANG.... :) :) :)

Gangeyyo said...

@anurupa..
thnx for the comment.. and i really feel good to know that my blog has actually got something to learn from.. hehe..
i appreciate your praises.. keep commenting..
:)

Gangeyyo said...

@s..
gang is ready for the bang.. but if you like it(which m quiet sure u will), gang needs a treat!!..
sauda barabar...
:)
PS.. i love the fishes too..

Anurupa Ganguli said...

Finally I have read it. Yes you were absolutely right. This book is a must read. After reading this book, it left me with a tear. And Inspite of all the faults of Amir,one feels for him. And all those twists and turns in the plot leaves us spellbound.
So, Thank you very much for writing this blog. I have even finished 'A thousand splendid suns'...It is again a very good book. Read it if you haven't.

That's all..hope you are doing well. Regards to aunty and uncle. Hope to catch you soon again.
Love
Babli..:)

Hiral Trivedi said...

The shortcomings of a human being is subtly placed with the character so strong, it helps us comprehend why/how the world still exists amidst such chaos.

Amazingly crafted, it leaves you with a lump in the throat.One of the finest books I have read so far. :)