Tuesday, December 02, 2008

.. The Cat and the Chinti(hindi)...

Of lately, I’ve urbanized this peculiar knack of running after alienated English lexis… words that are infrequently worn in the tongue.. words that abide by no important meaning.. “I think it’s hereditary my son!!..” my father replied after I unveiled this bizarre yearn to him.. was he laughing??.. was he serious??.. whateva..

somewhat right... as an prying kid, I was often bemused at my father’s routine to enlist new English words.. I thought this was done to publish the “Sudhir’s Pocket Dictionary” which could hit the market anytime.. but that never ensued.. In class XIth, my father passed on that legacy.. that chronicle of words to me.. but within a few days of the dutiful ritual of “a-word-a-day”, I gave up.. Perhaps my wits preferred gambling into works by Mr. Issac Newton more than that of my own father.. But a few days back, my proclivity towards this new-words obsession, rewarded me with the following cited snippet.. which I found, was brilliant.. so thought of sharing this with my lingo-savvy fry-ends… m sure you’ll like this if you haven’t come across this earlier…


“I do not know where family doctors acquired illegibly perplexing handwriting nevertheless, extraordinary pharmaceutical intellectuality counterbalancing indecipherability, transcendentalizes intercommunications incomprehensibleness.”



I will be happy if you figure out the avalanche behind this sentence yourself..

15 comments:

Gangeyyo said...

just in case u r not wondering... Mr. Sudhir Kumar Bhattacharjee is my father..
Just in case u are.., Mr. Issac Newton was an English physicist, mathematician, astronomer, natural philosopher, alchemist, theologian and one of the most influential men in human history...
:)

Ritesh Khanna said...

shit!shit! you can write anything wid such grace n elegance, .you seem 2 b attainin impeccable stranglehold over the language..n btw it would have been even better had u posted a blog on ur another aquired obsession of which "fry-ends"..is a part...is it comin..?

Gangeyyo said...

he he.. nhi.. that will be revealed in tit-bits in other entries..

Swayam said...

come back again.... what was that... i guess i did kinda understand the first half.. the second went above me...

Aanchal said...

just opened a thesaurus or what?? im reminded of the scene when joey used a thesaurus to write a recommendation letter for chandler and monica's adoption........

Gangeyyo said...

@swayam.. don't try to venture out into the meaning.. what else in the sentence did u find special??
:)..
PS.. meaning is almost clear though...

Gangeyyo said...

@aanchal..
m not the creator of the highlighted sentence.. so..no thesaurus here.. unlike joey..
:)..

pri said...

boggling blog... right from the very title... till the very end.. i had to open my dictionary after every 5 sec.. bad.. u surely have opened the thesaurus as aanchal said..
well.. after receiving help from my frnds and finally from u, i've deciphered the mystery behind the snippet.. which i will mail u..
rest...
please clear off the cloud behind that title...
PS.. thnx for telling bout SIR Issac Newton.. he badly wanted that mention..

Aanchal said...

okay i got what u r talking about(the whole mystery or whatever)...........its cool!!

Gangeyyo said...

@pri...
that was the correct find.. the title is simple.. just read the words the way i want them to be read..
confused??..
he he...

Gangeyyo said...

@aanchal.. kudos that u found out..cool isn't it??..
:)

Ritesh Khanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ritesh Khanna said...

I came across a few astounding things in eng language.here are a few..
pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis...thatz the longest word ....longest hospitable word (insert letter anywhere)
CARES: SCARES, CHARES, CADRES, CARIES, CARETS, CARESS..complete cyclic transposal ATE-TEA-EAT

solve the mystery behind this...

DREAM-ETHER...
title-catching?

Gangeyyo said...

waise dream ether is a nice website.. a lotta gothic feel..

pri said...

wait wait.. i've decoded the title i guess..
cat= billi..
chinti(thats in hindi) = ant..
makes it billi-ant..
brilliant??..
is it??..
PS.. the clue u provided was more confusing..