Friday, October 03, 2008

She's Here..!!


Human beings chameleon-ize themselves better than any other creatures around… adjustment is like in our blood along with RBCs and WBCs…
Back in Kolkata, the month of October was the most coveted month… I used to linger for these days the whole year.. wandering in the jam-packed lanes, elucidated with arty light works with my brothers and sisters, stopping at every fast-food joint to have another round of “Fuchkas”(that’s what we call paanipuri).. appreciating the bravura of Pandals and the flamboyant Pratimas(idols) and whatnot, the hours passed unseen.. flouting the challenges posed by the drawn out holiday homework, I used to get imbued.
in the entire holy atmosphere..
The times have changed.. I’ve been planted to such a place where it’s not only difficult to find a Puja Pandal but even thorny to sense the ambiance.. But still.. The advent of Durga Puja takes me to a higher state.. I still feel the ting in my nerves when I think of it.. Perhaps that’s the reason why m able to stay happy even after knowing that I’ll have to attend regular classes.. perhaps I’ve attuned myself.. Perhaps not..
Well.. as this is going nowhere.. Lemme end this with the purpose of starting it..


…WISH YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS DURGA-PUJA…

6 comments:

pri said...

happy durga puja to you too.. and also to uncle aunt.

Gangeyyo said...

thnx mate..

Swayam said...

sorry for the tardy wishes to pujo celebrations... btw dont u call them puchkas instead of the 'fuchkas'??

Gangeyyo said...

@swayam
better late than never..:)
they are called fuchkas.. puchka means someone small..
m quiet sure..
:)

Aanchal said...

happy durga puja to u 2.......tho the greetings come a bit late.........n i agree wid swayam, isnt it puchkas?? ive had plenty of them.......n they werent exactly small.........maybe u call it differently in durgapur..........btw i miss the bhelpuri and chicken rolls too, besides the entire puja crowd..........

Gangeyyo said...

@aanchal.. not only in Durgapur, but in the whole country people use the same word.. how can i misspell the dish, which have always featured in the "favourite Dish" part of all the slam books I've filled..??..
"FUCHKaa...aaahhhh"..