Sunday, October 19, 2008

If courage is 10, the art to escape is 9.. or 9.5..


Earlier I used to feel very bad when people overlooked to wish me on my birthday.. It felt as if I am no more than an amoeba to them.. I remember, I used to call people up the very next day, and throw them some cruel words.. so that they don’t forget to wish me the next year.. (starving for attention you see.. as I always am).. but things change… as they always do..

Date: 15th October
Time: 7:47 PM

On my way back from the Madhurima room, I was wondering life would have been so good if today was 17th Oct.. or if all of them forget my birthday.. or if I’m not going back to the hostel.. the gist of ship smoke on the horizon was changing colors with the beats of the thumping guitar on my back.. just then,
“Gangu beta… only four hours to go...!!”
It was Medhavin… Medhavin??.. Even Medhavin plans to kick??.. Gloomier…
“Somebody’s gotta get hurt real bad...” confirmed Sharad Sir.. hard to tell whether it was sympathy or a jest..
Well.. whatever that was.. this gave an ignition to THE PLAN…

Time: 8:00 PM

The unusually empty(..of 2K6/CE) hostel corridors seemed very appropriate.. Where will they search??.. Where won’t they??.. How far can I go??.. How far can they trace??.. I found out all the possible answers using my past mistakes and my knowledge of mate-psychology.. (Read: Ritesh Khanna).. It was working..

Time: 8:30 PM

I locked my room from outside.. Nowhere to be seen for next 12 hours.. he ha ha ha..
No less than an escape from the Alcataraz..


Well.. when you make a plan, and incase it thrives to serve the purpose, there’s no harm in revealing it.. Even if it’s a super-secretive effort.. People after you should get the benefit of your findings..
Thanks to the low-height hostel balconies, it’s always easy to move from one room to another.. I jumped into arup’s room and then into mine after making sure no one was passing through the corridor to watch my maneuvers… So here I was.. inside my room, which was locked from the exterior with no-one in the planet having the awareness of it’s inner presence… The next three hours I surrendered my time to his Excellency Mr. Howard Roark… During this time the mobile was silent.. I didn’t pick up any call (to prevent sound).. I messaged people bout my ill health and my running away to home... They believed my words after a thorough enquiry from abuhasam..
The clock struck twelve.. I started answering the calls.. I had to measure my words if someone from the hostel called up to wish.. Outsiders were given a chance to appreciate my super-plan..(which I named “Escapade”.).
At about 2 o’clock, after answering my well wishes (thnx to the harsh words thrown last year).. I emptied my second water bottle.. It felt nice… Nice to escape kicks from 40 odd people for about 40 even minutes.. (last years record).. Nice to save my tired muscles from the semi-merciless shots… and nice to talk to so many good old friends over the phone in such a short time.. as I switched off the light, there was a silent pat on the back,
“Happy Birthday Gangeyyo..!!..”


20 comments:

pri said...

now common.. you ran away from the fun.. you wud have remembered this day for sure..
well.. nice plan indeed.. they didn't search our room huh??..
btw..
happy birthday to you..
not belated..
:)

Gangeyyo said...

thank you.. i already had enough in my last year... so i didn't miss anything i guess...
:)

Ritesh Khanna said...

You asshole...you managed 2 save ur ass this tym....Escapade....I wudn't hav beaten u...you kno....
master plan......kudos....

@Pri:you seemed 2 hav copied leaf from ma book...(no offence meant..)
Ask gang...

Gangeyyo said...

@khanna
"..I wudn't hav beaten u...you kno...."..
haah??.. where did this come from??.. i didn't know this.. i fear ur shoes.. even if they are at a sorry pathetic state, but still.. they were enuff..
thnx for the appreciation..

Scribblers Inc said...

HAHAHAH!!!brilliant!!belated happy birthday my man!!:D

wishes
Scribblers Inc.

P.S.-I am laughing only for the sole reason that I have been droveled in mud on my birthday!!!!:P

Medhavin said...

You pathetic dolty @#%#@....

Better continue what you did that night for the entire damn year(Read: Saving your muscles)... cos the next one. we'll ensure that you become an apt epitome of... you know... right!! ;D

Swayam said...

haha... belated birthday.... brilliant plan...:D

Gangeyyo said...

@scribbler..
thanks a lot.. next time u get jitters on ur b(ad)'day don't 4get to contact me.. have loads of similar rescue ideas..
ha ha..

Gangeyyo said...

@medhavin...
he ha ha ha.. i could feel the pain u r going through.. he he.. can't stop..
well.. dude.. ur's is on august..
we'll see..
:)

Gangeyyo said...

@swayam..
thanks a lot..
:)

Aanchal said...

kya yaar......ur scared of ur own friends.........shame!!

we used to say in skool: "Mard ko dard nahin hota!" :-D

the gud thing is we don't kick each in girls hostel......smear each other with cake......bday bumps maybe..........and maybe a water or a coke fight..........the problem comes when the bday is in winter and have cold water thrown on u.............

Gangeyyo said...

@aanchal..
friends??.. they turn into monsters.. the inner demon comes out.. ask khanna,how he was saw-ed last year.. usse toh almost nanga karke maara tha.. and it was gonna get worse this time around.. so i just had to.. he he.. hope u undrstnd my feelings.. this is no caky- or watery stuff... this is violence..
;)

Aanchal said...

okay.......i'll ask khanna........hehe.........

Ritesh Khanna said...

HAD THE TYM F MA LYF...
NEVA FELT NY BETTER... LOL

!..an inconcievable mind.. a quixotic heart..! said...

hmmm.. this guy writes amazingly..the way he writes ..he just invigorates the situation.. i actually enjoy each and every word .. the best part is that he writes honestly and the thing that he is actually able to display whatever he is thinking is i guess even better than the best..!!.. gud goin.. keep writing such stuff..u atleast have 1 big fan in me..!..

Gangeyyo said...

@khanna..
even we had the time of our life dude.. never felt any better..
but watch it.. u r spreading violence.. everyone likes to kick that but..
:P

Gangeyyo said...

@an inconceivable mind and a quixotic heart...
first of all.. kudos for that blogger name.. mind and heart tells the whole story..
thnx a ton for that pat on the back..

dheeraj_87 said...

hmm .. dude twas a nice plan .. but mayb aint gonna work fr the nxt year as u've opend up to the "public" this time .. bettr b watchful [:p]
keep up the gud work [:)]

Gangeyyo said...

@dheeraj..
thnx mate.. next year.. new plan..

pri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.